Essential Oil Veggie Muffins
Are you looking for a healthy snack for your kids that is so delicious??? Good news I have it for you!!! You have got to try these Veggie Packed Muffins.......shhhhh don't tell my niece that her 'cupcakes' are filled with veggies! The best part is you can make a large batch and freeze them when someone wants one you pop it out of the freezer and in the microwave for 30 seconds or in the oven for 10 minutes at 375.
- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 3/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil or OnGuard essential oil (1/4teaspoon cinnamon if you don't have essential oil)
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2cup broccoli florets
- 1/2cup sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2medium apple
- 1 medium banana
- 1/8cup apple juice (I sub water for apple juice to avoid the extra sugar)
- 1/4cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 1/2medium carrot
- 1/4cup yogurt, plain, lowfat
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners into muffin pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Soften butter and steam broccoli.
- In a mixer or another bowl, combine the sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well.
- In a food processor, combine steamed broccoli, zucchini, apple, banana, apple juice, and applesauce. Purée until smooth.
- Shred carrots. (you can always just add them to the food processor with the other ingredients)
- Add the fruit and veggie puree, carrots, and yogurt into the wet ingredients and beat until mixed.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Fill prepared muffin pan about 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are slightly brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and muffins bounce back when touched.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
These are so delicious!!!! I hope the whole family enjoys them :)