DIY Hand Cream
With this cold weather are your hands dry, nails, cracking, hair getting a little frizzy? I have a simple DIY lotion that is not only good for your skin but helps support your nail health and growth and can help tame frizzy hair. With this simple to make Shea Butter Hand Cream, you will have the trick!
It's bad enough in the winter for everyday people, but if you are someone who has to wash their hands regularly? Maybe you waitress, bartend, work in the medical field? Then you absolutely need something like this DIY hand Lotion!
So how do we make it?
- 1/4 cup Shea Butter
- 1/8 cup Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 tablespoon Beeswax
- 5 drops doTERRA Myrhh essential oil
- 5 drops doTERRA Lavender essential oil
- 5 drops doTERRA Geranium essential oil
- 10 drops doTERRA Cedarwood essential oil
- Melt the shea butter, beeswax, and sweet almond oil together in a double boiler. I actually take a glass bowl and put it in my pot that has boiling water in, so it heats up the content of the bowl without getting water into it.
- Stir the mixture as it melts.
- Once everything is melted, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the essential oils
- pour the liquid hand cream into a small glass container (I usually use small Mason Jars). Allow it to harden completely (this usually takes several hours).
- Once hard use as needed or after each time you watch your hands!
So why did I chose those specific essential oils? Let me tell you!
Myrrh essential oil: This oil has wonderful moisturizing properties. It can help protect cuticles from dryness and nails from brittleness, thinning and easy breakage.
Lavender essential oil: Lavender is one of the most versatile essential oils. It helps to strengthen nails and cuticles as well as being antibacterial to help fight off germs on our hands.
Geranium essential oil: This amazing oil helps to hydrate your nails as well as help them grow longer ans stronger. It also is known to help restore moisture in your nails and hands. It is also antibacterial and antispetic, added bonus :)
Cedarwood essential oil: Cedarwood has always been one of my favorite oils. It helps when you have dry skin as well has helps calm the mind and body.
I hope this tip helps you :)