DIY Makeup Brush Cleaner using Essential Oils
Recently I have been having some issues with my skin on my face, specifically, my eyelids and I have tried everything. I got all new makeup, made sure all of my products were 100% natural and I was still having issues. This weekend my sister asked me when was the last time I cleaned my makeup brushes.
Well.......I hate to admit this next part but the answer was never. To be honest I have had a really good set up makeup brushes for close to 10 years and I had never once cleaned then. Needless to say, I sat down to do some research right away. Now I have decided to share that research with you!
If you do not clean your Makeup brushes they can have built up Bacteria, cause breakouts, skin irritation, clogged pores, viral infections and muddy makeup application. Check out this cool article I found that lays it all out for you here.
Makeup Brush Cleaner
- 1 teaspoon unscented castile soap (I use doTERRA's Concentrate Cleaner)
- 2 drops Melaleuca essential oil
- 1 drop Lemon essential oil
- Rinse the brushes under warm running water.
- Place the Castile soap and essential oils with some warm water in a bowl.
- Gently swirl the bristles of the brush in the bowl. Use your fingers to gently rub the makeup residue off of the brushes.
- Rinse under running water.
- Gently reshape the bristles back into place and allow to dry on a clean, dry cloth overnight.
- Use once a week to keep your brushes clean.
I wish I took pictures so you could have seen how much came out of my brushes. The greatest part is I can already tell my skin is less irritated and my brushes have come back to life!!!
Let me know how this works for you! New to essential oils and want to get some of your own? Head to my website not and enroll and save right away!