DIY Essential Oil Carpet Stain Remover
Did you know that essential oils are great at cutting through tough stains like grease stains? Neither did I!!! Check out this all natural carpet stain remover trick!
HOMEMADE CARPET CLEANER RECIPE
Find a dark collared bottle (or use the actual hydrogen peroxide bottle)
- 1/3 cup hydrogen peroxide
- 2/3 cup water
- 5 drops of doTERRA lemon essential oil
- Shake lightly
The peroxide breaks down stains and the lemon oil helps release sticky particles.
- Liberally spray the carpet with the cleaner mix.
- Let sit for a min or so
- Use a scrub brush to loosen the fibers.
- Use a rag an wipe the carpet, blotting out any liquid.
- Repeat a couple of times until your carpet is clean.
*You can also use this cleaning mix on upholstered furniture.
*Be careful on some carpets. Hydrogen-peroxide has been known to lighten carpets. Test it in a hidden spot. If it does lighten, dilute with more water.