DIY Essential Oil Detox Bath
Essential Oil Detox Bath
I know not everyone is a bath person but I totally am! I love soaking away a long day. I have always added Epsom Salts as well as Essential Oils in my bath but I recently started adding Baking Soda for its extra benefits.
What You Need:
- A small mixing bowl and spoon
- 1/2 cup of Epsom Salt
- 1/2 cup of Baking Soda
- 2-3 drops of Pure Essential Oil
What Essential Oil to Pick:
- Lavender- Calming
- Grapefruit- Uplifting
- Peppermint- Fatigue
- Cedarwood- Mood Balancing
- Soothing Blend- Achey body
What to do:
- Add ingredients to your small mixing bowl, this is important for the essential oils to absorb into the Baking Soda and Epsom Salt so that it emulsifies into the bath water.
- Add into your bath while filling with warm water.
- Soak for 20-30 minutes, I recommend once a week.
- Rinse off in a cool shower for a couple minutes afterward to rinse away all of the toxins your body excreted to close up your skins pores.
This combination is extremely beneficial to your body. It helps to draw out toxins, lower stress related hormone levels in our bodies while balancing our pH levels.
- Epsom salt is a natural exfoliant as well as a naturally supports healthy inflammation. It helps with occasional soreness in muscles, as well as supporting healthy skin.
- Baking soda helps to detoxify and alkalize our bodies. This is very important since many of our diets are high in acidic foods such as sugars, red meats and cheese. It also helps to alkalize the bath water which leaves our skin feeling silky and smooth.
I hope you find these natural wellness tips helpful and enjoy your detoxifying bath
Contact me with any questions at Jennifer@naturalwellness.tips