Top 10 uses for Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon Essential Oil: Top 10 Uses
Sometimes I sit back and think about how many times a day I use my essential oils, and Lemon gets used a lot!!! So I wanted to highlight some of my favorite uses for this amazing essential oil.
- Drinking it in my water! It is so refreshing, I add it to my stainless steel water bottle all throughout the day. It gives it a great taste as well as helps to naturally cleanse my body.
- Mopping my Kitchen Floor, I fill my sink with hot water, add a tbsp of Concentrate Cleaner and 2 drops of Lemon oil. Smells and works amazing
- Removing Sticker. Do you ever buy a dish or a frame and you can't get that pesky sticker off? Add a drop of lemon essential oil to it and it will rub right off.
- Rinsing off my fruit and veggies. When I get home from the grocery store I add cool water to my sink, 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar and 2-3 drops of lemon. I let everything soak for 5-10 minutes and then rinse with cool water and set out on the counter to dry.
- After surfing my ears usually feel a little clogged up. I don't have a good reason why but adding a drop of lemon oil behind my ear helps to alleviate that pressure I feel.
- Cleaning my windows and mirrors. I have a solution of white vinegar, water and lemon oil that cleans my windows and mirrors without leaving streaks and helps to stop my mirrors from fogging up.
- My Toilet! I hate cleaning the toilet, I doubt anyone actually likes it but my homemade recipe makes it a little easier. I mix 1/2 cup with baking soda with 2 drops lemon, 2 drops melaleuca and pour it around the toilet. Then add White Vinegar and that combo work for about 5 minutes before I finish scrubbing.
- Seasonal Discomfort, I add two drops of lemon, lavender and peppermint to a veggie capsule and take as needed when needed. Works like a charm.
- Shine up your metal, add a couple drops of lemon oil to a rag and shine up your metals.
- Shine your wood furniture. Add a couple drops of lemon oil to a rag and use it as a furniture or hardwood floor polish.
Needless to say I use a lot of lemon oil in my house :) It is such a wonderful one to have on hand!